I imagine that you all know what a LickiMat is by now. If you don’t then it is worth finding out what they are and why they are so good for your pets.
Today we are going to talk about the LickiMat Wobble Bowl
LickiMat Wobble is a unique bowl with rubber dimples on the surface of the mat on the inside! Wobbles are designed to combine wet, raw, and especially soft or liquid dog foods and treats. Wobbles are extremely well suited to freezing liquid treats and spreads – even freezing different liquids in layers, with or without solid treats added into the mix so that your dog can spend hours working through the treat and finding more surprises.
Wobbles are all about extra fun for your dog. The “Wobbling” action adds an extra dimension to the challenge of licking the treat from the rubber dimpled surface, greatly enriching and prolonging the pleasurable experience.
Fun Fact: Wobbles are reversible!
Wobbles are a great way to tire your pooch out.
Why is it a good idea to get a LickiMat Wobble Bowl for my pet?
- Designed to provide a perfect treat licking and feeding surface for pets.
- Spread out their pet food or treats on the mats surface or press it in. This will encourage your pet to lick and get the food as a reward.
- Rubber tips of LickiMat gently scrape and stimulate your pet’s tongue whilst feeding or snacking. This increases saliva protection, improves oral hygiene, protects teeth and gums, and most importantly soothes your pet by releasing endorphins.
- The pockets of the LickiMat challenge your pet to extract the raw, wet, dry, or liquid food, enriching their feeding experience.
- Made from human food-grade rubber (TPR) and recyclable polypropylene.
LickiMats have been around for some time and are a very popular tool for the following reasons:
- Anxiety Reliever – Calms your pet as they enjoy their favourite treat. You can leave a LickiMat with your pet if you are going out and leaving them at home.
- Slow Feeder – Some dogs like to gulp their food down but a LickiMat slows them down, especially if you freeze it.
- Training Aid – LickiMats are used for all types of dog training and are especially good at reducing crate training time. Ask your trainer about them!
- Boredom Buster – Being left alone with nothing to do can promote destructive behaviour. If you leave them with a LickiMat then it gives them something to occupy their mind and body.
- Tongue Cleaner – The raised edges of the LickiMat scrapes the tongue, increasing salvia production that further cleans the tongue, teeth, and gums. Scraping the tongue freshens your pet’s breath. Increased saliva production can also aid digestion as it contains enzymes such as Amylase.
- Enrichment activity – Similar to anxiety and boredom buster, this gives your pet something to look forward to.
- It’s slows feeding – Great for dogs that “wolf” down their food.
- A versatile way to feed: You can put almost anything that is wet on a lickiMat. If you feed kibble, mix it up with something wet, such as tinned fish or steamed veggies.
- Cat Feeder LickiMat provides a more natural approach for a cat to eat and eliminates whisker stress caused by whiskers touching the side of a bowl. Almost every cat that is given the choice between a LickiMat and a feeding bowl side-by-side will choose the LickiMat.
It is important to note that it is NOT a chew toy.
It is also recommended by Pet Trainers worldwide.
Why Enrichment Activities Are Important
Cats, but especially dogs need to be both mentally and physically stimulated. Enrichment activities are things that satisfy a pet’s mental needs by challenging and exercising their brains. It includes things like searching, sniffing, learning new skills, and solving problems.
Why Licking Is Good For Your Pet
Some studies have shown that licking releases endorphins in a dog’s brain. Endorphins are the body’s natural feel-good drug. This has a calming and relaxing effect on a dog.
What kind of foods can I spread on my LickiMat
You can freeze the Lickimat or give to your pet as is.
- Peanut Butter (I make my own at Bin Inn)
- Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin and kumara
- Honey (in small amounts)
- Natural yoghurt (no sugar)
- Uncooked Minced meat (any flavour)
- Cooked apple
- Coconut Oil
- Peas & carrots
- Blueberries or strawberries. You can puree them or just mash them into the mat)
- Steamed, chopped up broccoli
- Raw egg
- Canned fish
Adding medicines or supplements to your Lickimat Wobble
- Bone broth
- Probiotic Milk or goat milk.
- Disguise medication
- King Salmon Oil
- Green Lipped Mussels
How To Clean A LickiMat Wobble
- All LickiMat Wobbles are dishwasher safe, so you can even wash them in the lower tray
- They are microwave friendly, so you can cook meals in the microwave
- They are freezer-friendly, so you can freeze treats and liquid foods in them
- They are easy to hand-wash in the sink.
- They are all made from human food-grade rubber (TPR).
So in conclusion, a LickiMat Wobble is a fun packed way to feed your pet.
In my next blog I will give you some tasty recipes that you can use with your LickiMat
Beverley Saunders – The Cats & Dogs Dinner Company