Fortnightly Mega Sale
25% off Venison Face Plate
From Sunday 29th September to Saturday 12th October
At our shop: 1-3 Te Roto Drive, Paraparaumu
What is a Venison Face Plate?
A face plate is exactly what it sounds like, a face skin of a deer which has been folded into thirds, sprinkled with liver and slowly dehydrated.
It is a tasty long lasting chew that dogs of all sizes can get their teeth into.
Whilst they are chewing, they are cleaning their teeth. Bonus!
Our deer face plates come from our very own New Zealand’s green pastures
Well that is about all I can tell you on our face plates other than we seem to be the only ones who stock them.
So stock up now and save $$$$$$$!
How about a bit of trivia on skin….
Your skin is your largest organ and plays a vital role in detecting hot and cold, regulating your body temperature and protecting your muscles, bones and internal organs from outside infection and disease. But that’s just for starters. There is so much more to your skin than you might think. Here are some of the most interesting facts about your skin:
- The average person’s skin covers an area of 2 square meters.
- Skin accounts for about 15% of your body weight.
- The average adult has approximately 21 square feet of skin, which weighs 9 lbs and contains more than 11 miles of blood vessels.
- The average person has about 300 million skin cells. A single square inch of skin has about 19 million cells and up to 300 sweat glands.
- Your skin is its thickest on your feet (1.4mm) and thinnest on your eyelids (0.2mm).
- The skin renews itself every 28 days.
- Your skin constantly sheds dead cells, about 30,000 to 40,000 cells every minute! That’s nearly 9 lbs. per year!
- Some sources estimate that more than half of the dust in your home is actually dead skin.
- Dead skin comprises about a billion tons of dust in the earth’s atmosphere.
- Your skin is home to more than 1,000 species of bacteria.
- Skin that is severely damaged may try to heal itself by forming scar tissue, which is different from normal skin tissue because it lacks hair and sweat glands.