Salmon & Lamb 1Kg
Ingredients: Whole salmon & lamb with lamb liver & kidneys
Salmon contains important peptides that may provide support for joint cartilage, insulin effectiveness and control of inflammatory digestive tract conditions. Also rich in fatty acids which have been linked to coat and skin health. Whole salmon is nutritionally superior to just frames and heads.
Lamb is a rich source of protein and contains vitamins A, B3, B6 & B12 Mineral content includes iron, zinc, phosphorous and calcium and trace elements such as selenium, manganese and copper.
The B-complex vitamins play an essential role in the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Lamb is one of the meat sources that provide high levels of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 supports various metabolic processes in the body. Vitamin B12 also helps to produce red blood cells. It helps to reduce levels of harmful substances in the blood such as homocysteine. High levels of homocysteine can damage blood vessels. This increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Homocysteine also increases the risk of osteoporosis.
Lamb is a good source of easily absorbed zinc. Zinc is a basic requirement for various fundamental processes in the body. One of its most crucial roles is to support the immune system. It supports normal cell division and quick healing of wounds. Numerous enzymes are dependent on zinc to perform their functions. Zinc helps to enable optimal smell and taste functions. It also helps to prevent osteoporosis.
Iron is a vital mineral required for the formation of red blood cells. These transport oxygen throughout the body. Iron helps to produce energy. It also supports the immune system. It is required for the formation of white blood cells which act as antibodies. These help to fight infections and protect the body from diseases.
Selenium has antioxidant properties which help to boost the body’s immune system. It protects body cells from damage by free radicals. Selenium enhances thyroid functions and facilitates the activities of various essential enzymes. Selenium has also been found helpful in fighting viral infections. It promotes liver health and prevents certain cancers.
Liver and kidneys (lamb and/or venison), are a great source of B vitamins such as: B1, B2, B6, B9, B12 & Taurine.
Processed in an MPI licensed and audited premises from quality traceable raw 100% NZ
- For Dogs:100 grams per 5Kg body weight per day for an adult dogs.
- For Puppies & Kittens: Up to 12 months of age adjust up to approx. 200g per 5Kg per day.
- Cats: Approx. 100g per day
Every pet is unique and has different nutritional requirements, adjust feeding levels according to activity levels and condition of your pet.
Keep frozen. Once thawed use within three days.
- Cats like their meat blends at room temperature (“blood temperature”). If meat blends are cold, add some boiled water to “warm” the meat.
- Cats get their liquid from their meat, not usually from the water bowl.
- Get the lowdown on Taurine for cats at https://catsanddogs.co.nz/why-eat-raw/ (PDF) Cats are Obligate Carnivores
- Older cats need animal protein not more carbohydrates and fats. http://feline-nutrition.org/nutrition/the-skinny-on-senior-cats-metabolism-explained